– Registration deadline expired –
Call for applications for a residency at the Salzwedel Artists’ and Fellows’ House for artists in 2024
In the historic town centre of the Hanseatic town of Salzwedel, the Altmarkkreis Salzwedel maintains a listed half-timbered house as an artists’ and fellows’ residence with an international orientation. In idyllic and quiet surroundings, artists from the fields of visual arts, literature and music/composition find ideal working and living conditions. The house also has an area where events and small exhibitions can take place.
The call for applications is aimed at professionally working, particularly talented and primarily younger artists in the fields of visual arts, literature and music/composition who have already gained public recognition with their work and who are still open in their artistic development. Applications from students are excluded.
Please note: Applications from artists from Saxony-Anhalt are expressly desired, but not a prerequisite. Support for other artists is possible if their outstanding artistic work is of particular interest to the state or if a connection to Saxony-Anhalt can be established.
The State Chancellery and Ministry of Culture sponsors the three-month stays at the Salzwedel Artists’ and Fellows’ House with a stipend of € 1,500 per month. The scholarship holders only incur incidental costs in the amount of the fees for the telephone and internet connection.
The study visits are announced for applicants for the following months in 2024
- for visual arts — January – March and April – June
- for literature — July – September
- for music/composition — October – December
Residence is compulsory for the scholarship holder’s stay. Exemption from this, even partial, is not possible.
Interested applicants should submit the following documents digitised as a ZIP file only:
- Application letter
- Description of the project
- Information on applications for grants from other bodies (related to period and project)
- Informative work samples on the artistic work depending on the fields:
- Visual arts: 10 – 12 illustrations, max. 3 video works (each max. 10 minutes)
- Literature: approx. 10 pages of text samples in German
- Music/composition: at least two already performed compositions of different genres in the form of the complete score together with sound documentation.
The following link is available for uploading: https://lsaurl.de/KunstSalzwedel (external link opens in new window)
If digitisation (even partial) is not possible, please contact Ms Khazhueva, Tel. 0345-514 1593.
The application letter (point 1) must also be sent in writing by post to the following address:
State Administration Office (LVwA)
Department 303 – Culture, State Office for Public Libraries
06112 Halle (Saale)
The closing date for applications is 31 August 2023, as evidenced by the postmark. Application documents received late will not be considered. Online-only applications (concerns letters of application) are not permitted.